Thanks to our donors, the Foundation is pleased to announce the 2017 Fall Granting Recipients
All applications must be submitted by the deadline, on the correct form, and completed in full to be considered by the Joint Grants Committee. The Committee will not consider requests from non-United Church organizations or requests for more than 50% of the project’s cost.
Priority will be given to applications that:
- benefit either The United Church of Canada as a whole or a broad constituency within The United Church of Canada (or a partner organization).
- are innovative and encourage new expressions of ministry.
- will continue to have an impact after the grant is expended.
- strengthen the capacity of organizations that further the work of The United Church of Canada.
Pilot or start-up projects should include provision for evaluation and a plan for financial viability beyond the pilot or start-up stage.
Matching grants may be made in appropriate circumstances to stimulate response from other sources.
Multi-year funding will be considered in appropriate circumstances, subject to regular progress reports and financial reports, but we do not normally fund regular core programs. Successful applicants will be notified at the time of initial funding if they are receiving multi-year funding.
Applicants who submit requests for funding for projects they previously received a grant for should be aware that they may not receive any funding in subsequent years or, if they do receive funding, that it will be at a reduced level.
The Joint Grants Committee will not consider applications that:
- are from or for the benefit of an individual (unless they are for bursaries or scholarships).
- are to reduce accumulated capital or operating deficits, or to retire debt.
- are for general operating costs not linked to a project that meets our granting criteria (as outlined in the list of priorities above).
- are from non-United Church organizations.
There are two granting cycles per year: one in the spring and one in the fall. We will receive applications from January 15 to April 15, and from July 15 to October 15 each year. We prefer email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to visit the website each cycle for the list of funds providing grants and the most up-to-date application form.